CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 1 Recap

Photobucket

First of all, this a reimaging gif I found of Tom Brady's Stetson commercial that was too damned funny not to share. The original is embedded below.



So week 1 is in the books. I hate to admit it, but for all the joy and elation my cold, black heart feels about Tom Brady's injury, there are some pangs of sympathy toward Urgie here.

I remember on draft day looking at the board during the 15th round and seeing that Urgie was the only one besides me who hadn't taken a second quarterback. In his defense though, at the time it seemed like it would've been a wasted pick on a player who would likely get only one start on the year.

Oh, how cruel fate is. Now Urgie's Welker pick has a diminished value as well. My heart goes out to you brother. Brady deserved this, but you certainly didn't. Funny how I feel no guilt about picking up Cassel though.

On a separate note, the Legends were worthy of their namesake by posting the most points this week in a rout of the nigger haters. But the biggest story is Swayze's abomination of a draft yielding the second highest point total for the week. A sure sign of the apocalypse. Especially since the Large Hadron Collider goes online tomorrow:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/09/08/end-of-the-world-on-wednesday-take-a-half-day-today/

In light of his performance, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to Timmy for my negative critique of his draft.

0 comments: