CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 2: The Ballad of Barbaro Peterson

___________________________________________________


___________________________________________________

Back when I drafted Adri... Barbaro Peterson in 2007, even I didn't know the fantasy stud he would become. It was a year of dominance I'd never experienced before. My first taste of fantasy greatness. Even though I lost in the championship game to Vic, I knew I had plenty of good years ahead with Barbaro leading the charge.

But even at the beginning of something so great, I knew that like all things, it was destined to end at some point. That's why at the end of 2007, I promised myself I would only keep him for as long as he was a viable starter. I thought I could drop him just before his play began to tail off.

This year I nearly cut him loose. But, much like George Costanza, "I got greedy. Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami."
___________________________________________________


___________________________________________________

I thought I could squeeze one more season of magic from him. It was not to be. Though in all fairness, Devonta Freeman and LeSean McCoy aren't doing much better. Barbaro had only gotten me 5 points out of the first two weeks of the season.
___________________________________________________


___________________________________________________

Now, my Jewggernaut of a roster is down one hall of famer, and I'm not wasting a dollar on picking up Asiata. What's worse is that I'm slumming it up in a group of eight teams at .500. How do you people live like this? In the purgatory of fantasy football mediocrity. I'm not worried though, I've still got David Johnson going up against the Bills defense on Sunday. That alone should guarantee I hand Linhart his first ever loss as a member of our league. Unless this is the time Rob Ryan executes a competent defense. I guess based on the law of infinite probability that it could happen.

It's still too soon to determine which teams are the strongest so I'll hold off on any power rankings/evaluation of the rosters until at least next week.

Until then, I think we can all take a moment and enjoy the fact that Rock is mired in a winless start to the season, and he's indebted to Spae for some booze.

0 comments: