CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 5: The Good Guys Win

___________________________________________________

 photo Athiests_zps76e3cv8m.gif
___________________________________________________

So Devin & I went into Monday night's game hoping to get enough points to secure our victories. Rather than pray, we put faith in the idea that our abilities led us to make the informed and correct decisions when it came to which players to start.

Wouldn't you know it, we both won! In Devin's case, on the final play of the game with a Le'Veon Bell touchdown.

Unfortunately for Vic & Spae, Jesus had other plans for them...
___________________________________________________

 photo Religious Fall_zpsgjdq1ahc.gif
___________________________________________________

Especially Spae, who lost Jamal Charles for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Good luck to you and anyone else who is making the mad dash to the 3:00AM waiver wire.

Here's to the Atheists emerging victorious this week.
___________________________________________________

In other news, Rock said he paid his $20 acquisition fees on draft day so I retract my previous statement, admit my wrongdoing, and apologize. Somehow he keeps winning, and has now joined me as the only other 4-1 team in the league. I'm not concerned, his roster isn't even close to having the same amount of talent that mine does. In fact, I'm actually glad to see him doing so well since it will move him further down the draft board for next year.

But the biggest story of the week has to be Urgie getting off the schneid and registering his first victory of the season. The win came against "I make you humble bubba" (the team formerly known as DH). Not only did Urgie win, but he put up the most points out of all 12 teams this week.

I'm happy for Urgie's success, limited though it may be, since he's inherited the mantle of "lovable loser" (with T-Smoke coming in a close second), now that Devin finally won a championship. Hopefully Todd Gurley can continue getting better and maybe even start adding some touchdowns to his increasing total of rushing yards.

With all the other story lines going on this week, the match up between Don & Joe Pro kind of got lost in the mix. Don managed to drop his third in a row, and he now has sole ownership of last place in the league. Tough break. With this victory, Joe Pro moves into 4th place in the league, just two points above Devin, with the halfway mark of the regular season looming on the horizon.
___________________________________________________

Finally, I'm considering digging out the update that I shelved last year regarding who our villain counterpart would be in the world of pop culture. I can't make any promises right now since I'm still reeling from the emotional trauma after witnessing the Astros collapse in the final two innings of the ALDS yesterday.

But rest assured, I'll make more of an effort to continue writing. Not because Rock demands it, but because of the pep talk I got from Julie Haylett on Friday night encouraging me in my writing abilities. I actually hate writing. I get easily discouraged because it seems no matter how hard I try I can never seem to make people understand the message I'm trying to convey. But that's another story for another time.

To the winners, enjoy your victory this week. And to the losers, here's a basket full of corgi puppies to help cheer you up:
___________________________________________________

 photo tumblr_nvwn7uaLns1s0mbfho1_400_zpsmoboeuxc.gif
___________________________________________________

0 comments: