CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week 8: We Really Ginny'd This Week

___________________________________________________

 photo GinnyMod_zpsfbd68c82.jpg
___________________________________________________

Let's face it, we all knew that Ginny was going to Ginny it up at some point this season. I mean, how long could the Manning/Welker combo keep up their frenzied pace? But I don't think any of us could have predicted that Ginny's team would go full-on Ginny at the Ginniest point in the season! During his only match-up against Rock.

I don't mean to pile on Ginny, I still think he's got the best team in the league. It's just that to say anything other than he blew it would mean that I would have to give Rock credit for a victory that was deserved. We all know I'm not doing that.

At least I won't have to take out a loan to fund the two drink chips I promised each person who conquers Rock (we all know how pricey they are). But as an act of good faith to the Ginny for giving it his all, I'm going to do him a solid and buy him a single drink chip.

In a weird way, my all-consuming desire to watch Rock fail this year has brought me closer to the rest of you guys. It's like all my fantasy hate has been channeled into a single stream of disgust leading to Rock, and it's bypassing the other 10 members of the league.

And on that note, I wanna say I'm sorry to B-Shorts. I had no business being triumphant this week. The victory margin was razor thin. If Andy Dalton had one less passing yard, I lose. If Adrian Peterson had one less rushing yard, I lose. If Michael Floyd had one less receiving yard, I lose. Even with all that, if Lamar Miller had one more rushing yard you'd win. And don't get me started on how badly your kicker screwed you over. It was a well fought game, I'm glad that was our only regular season match-up.

Joe Pro, your team has been impressive lately. 284.5 points in the last two weeks. Well done.

Joey, 297.5 in the last two weeks. I sure don't look forward to playing against you now.

Finally, it was too bad that all three Klumpp brothers couldn't win. But I'm happy to see that two of you were able to get a victory.

Congratulations to all this week's winners*, and better luck next time to the teams that came up a bit short.

*(except Rock)

0 comments: