CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Championship Matchup

It is with a heavy heart that I must make the announcement that ESPN’s initial report of Urgie beating Vic was inaccurate. Vic won the game by a single point.

This isn’t the first time ESPN has messed up. Remember last season when I picked up Justin Gage & The Giants Defense? Then they put them back in the free agent pool and Rock and Vic picked them up.

Of course that was nothing compared to this fuck-up. This turn of events both pisses me off and depresses me at the same time.

I honestly spent about an hour going to NFL.com and ESPN.com to check their box scores for every game that was involved in the fantasy matchup. I also crossed referenced those stats with our league’s scoring system. I covered everything (even the 3 points Urgie got for Ray Edwards blocking John Kasay’s PAT) and came to the painful realization that ESPN (though after far too long, and some false hope to boot) got the result right.

It’s funny how fragile and delicate the victories can be. If the 49ers scored 14 instead of 13 points, Urgie would’ve won. Just one more Minnesota sack or INT and it would be a different story.

I’m sorry Urgie, I joke a lot when it comes to fantasy football but I can honestly say that of all the people in the league I feel you deserve a championship the most. You don’t resort to cheap shots or shit-talking and I’ve never heard you complain (even after Brady got knocked out in the first game last year and you didn’t take a backup until the end of the draft)

Be that as it may, good luck to Joe Pro and Vic. Even though whichever of you wins will definitely be deserving of the title, I’ll remember this as the season ESPN fucked up (though they eventually got it right)

0 comments: